Public Sector Transformation Awards
The annual iESE Public Sector Transformation Awards are an opportunity to celebrate and share the most innovative practice in transforming local public services. For all of us in local government, embracing financial pressures in order to excel is a way of life. Developing new ways of working and transforming service delivery isn’t ‘just another day in the office’, it’s our passion.
No public money is spent on the event because the IESE Public Sector Transformation Awards ceremony is sponsored by individual businesses. Therefore, each winner is provided with free places in recognition of their efforts in improving their local areas.
How Do I Apply for the Transformation Awards?
To apply for the awards, you will need to complete our nomination form which will ask for you to cover the following sections in a maximum of 5000 words:
- An overview of your nomination
- How has your initiative showed innovation?
- How has your initiative has had an impact?
- How has your initiative improved the skills and capabilities?
- What was the quality of delivery of the initiative?
- How has the initiative made a contribution to the sector?
Each submission is scored and judges against other submissions within each category. The scoring key as follows:
- 0: No reference to the criteria at all
- 1 – 3: Mention of criteria somewhere in the nomination
- 4 – 6: Described at some length, with the relevant information
- 7 – 10: Evidence has been given that it has been done
Transformation Award Categories
Every year we receive hundreds of nominations for the Public Sector Transformation Awards from local authorities across the UK. Awards are available for the following categories in Gold, Silver or Bronze.
- Ambulance Service of the Year
- Asset Management and Regeneration
- Best Transformation Team
- Community Focus
- Council of the Year
- Customer Focus
- Digital and Technology
- Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Fire Service of the Year
- Green Council
- Intelligent Council
- Police Service of the Year
- Transformation in Heath & Social Care
- Working Together
Transformation Award Testimonials
“I think in local government we sometimes find it difficult to celebrate success and we have a number of colleagues who have worked really hard in difficult circumstances to achieve that success. So, having the independent recognition by peers in the sector is really important and a boost for them.”
Robert Cottrill – Chief Executive at Eastbourne and Lewes Councils
“It meant a great deal to us to attend the awards as we are very proud of creating our own in-house transformation capability and getting that recognition not just amongst fellow police forces but across the wider public sector is hugely important to us. This the first step to much greater recognition for the work we are doing for the people of London.”
“The awards were a great opportunity for us to showcase our work and be recognised outside of Scotland, and in the whole of the UK.”
Clare Maitland, Councillor at East Ayrshire Council
Apply for the Transformation Awards
The next Public Sector Transformation Awards is on 4th March 2021, and nominations will open in August 2020. Please click on the button below to go to the event page.
Transformation Awards 2021 Countdown